Intensive Outpatient Program
The Ultimate in Individualized and Personal Detox and Addiction Treatment
An Innovative Alternative to Residential Care
When clients are in need of a structured setting in which to work towards overcoming symptoms of addiction, they may find benefits from engaging in the Whiterock IOP. The IOP allows clients to receive thorough treatment that fully addresses their needs in a less restrictive environment than that which is offered in partial hospitalization programming (PHP) or residential care. IOP it provides a more structured therapeutic setting than that which is typically offered in a traditional outpatient setting.
The Whiterock IOP is held in the evenings which allow the patient to continue to work and stay home while getting evidence based treatment. Regular drug testing ensures the person is managing their Recovery while in treatment. We offer continuous intake so anyone can enter the program immediately
All clients who engage in IOP receive individualized treatment plans that are tailored to meet their unique needs so that their treatment goals can be most appropriately met. These individualized treatment plans will include a variety of therapeutic interventions, which may include the following:
- Group therapy: Group therapy sessions are frequently the main treatment component used in IOPs. Whiterock’s group sessions are led by professionals who facilitate topics of discussions that are relevant to the needs of the individuals who are taking part in the program. These sessions can serve as a time for individuals to not only receive education on the specific problems that they are learning to manage, but also as a time to give and receive support to and from peers who are also participating in the group. This peer interaction can serve to help individuals come to realize that they are not alone in the struggles that they are facing which can, in turn, promote acceptance and healing.
- Individual therapy: Individual therapy sessions serve as a time for individuals to meet one-on-one with a therapist in a confidential setting. They can be a time for individuals to process through their experiences in treatment, address any concerns that arise, ask any questions they have, receive ongoing support, and celebrate successes as they happen. In intensive outpatient programs, these sessions are most commonly held on an as-needed basis.
- Family therapy: When individuals enter into a PHP, it can be an intimidating time not only for them, but also for their loved ones. For this reason, Whiterock EHN-Canada offer family members the opportunity to engage in family therapy sessions. These sessions are led by experienced family therapists and provide individuals and their family with a safe space to come together and discuss the ways in which addiction has affected the family unit as a whole. This can also be a time for family members to become educated on the particular struggles that their loved one is facing.
- Continuing care: At Whiterock EHN Canada, we recognize that clients must be provided with a full spectrum of care options in order to fully transition back into their everyday lives. For this reason, the staff members at our treatment center begin working on discharge plans from the moment that a client enters treatment. The purpose of these discharge plans is to ensure that an individual has guidance on ways that he or she can maintain his or her success in recovery once treatment has come to an end.
Other Treatment Services
Knowledgeable and compassionate team members are available to assist you or your loved one in choosing the right program for meeting all of your or your loved one’s needs. By receiving treatment at one of EHN’s highly respected treatment centers, healing and lasting recovery can be within your or your loved one’s reach.
In addition to IOP the Whiterock clinic also offers customized treatment services that may include:
- Assessment and screening
- Early intervention
- Effective treatment recommendation
- Educational programs
- Individual and group sessions
- Family programs
- Relapse prevention techniques
- Drug testing
- Recovery coaching