Short Term Residential Program
The Ultimate in Individualized and Personal Detox and Addiction Treatment
The Ultimate Individualized and Personal Detox and Addiction Treatment
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse in the United States, “medical detoxification…by itself does little to change long-term drug use… for some individuals it is a strongly indicated precursor to effective drug addiction treatment.” Detox can help a person comfortably deal with withdrawal symptoms and cravings and get people on the road to wellness sooner. To keep people well however, detox is only the first yet important step to achieving a better, healthier and more functional life.
Benefits of Short Term Residential Addiction Treatment
Whiterock’s Short-Term Residential Treatment program helps clients initiate the psychological and behavioral changes needed to achieve Recovery. Whiterock’s Program offers many benefits including:
- Individualized treatment plans. Upon entering the program, the severity of the client’s addiction will be evaluated, as well as any co-occurring mental or physical conditions. This evaluation will allow the treatment team to create a recovery plan that caters to the client and their specific needs.
- Medication assistance and maintenance. Clients will receive continuous pharmacological interventions in order to address any problematic symptoms of withdrawal or cravings while receiving treatment.
- Individual therapy. Clients will work one-on-one with their therapist to address the underlying issues that have lead to their substance abuse or addiction and to develop coping skills.
- Group counseling. Within the context or peer support and connection, clients can develop life and social skills while sharing their experiences and challenges with others who are also struggling with addiction or mental health issues.
- Drug education classes. Clients will learn how alcohol and drugs affect the biological, psychological and social aspects of life and living in the short and long term.
- Life skills classes. These classes are designed to help the person in recovery become self-sufficient when they complete the treatment program by providing them with the daily skills teaching and coaching they need.
- Psychiatric care. Many people who experience problems with substance abuse and addiction also have mental health issues. Whiterock clinicians and staff have extensive experience in treating mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other issues.
- Aftercare planning. Once the client completes their detox and short term residential care program, the treatment team at Whiterock will plan for ongoing treatment. This plan could involve outpatient therapy, 12-step programs, sober living homes, individual therapy, and support groups.
What does this Program look like?
Whiterock’s short term residential program is primarily group based, and clients attend group therapy sessions in the morning. Afternoons are set aside for skills training, family work and educational offerings. Weekly meetings with a primary therapist and a case manager are also part of the program.
As part of the residential experience, clients who are diagnosed with mental health issues—such as anxiety, depression, bi-polar, and trauma-related issues —will meet with our mental health and Psychiatric staff to address therapeutic issues and medication management. Whiterock works with clients to provide both Cognitive Behavioral and Dialectical Therapies that will foster coping skills, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness and emotion regulation. Mindfulness therapies will also be provided.